- 1 Preparing your computer for connection
- 2 Headphone connection via built-in bluetooth
- 3 Headphone connection via external bluetooth module
- 4 Solution of problems
- 5 Connecting a wire free headset in skype
Wireless headphones are very convenient. Usually they are used only with smartphones or players., pairing via Bluetooth. However, they can also work with computers or laptops.. When using wire-free headphones, there is no need to untangle the wires, no worries, that the cord breaks at the most inopportune moment and the user will be left without headphones. Connecting to a desktop computer or laptop relieves the user of these problems.
How to connect bluetooth headphones to a computer or laptop? Let's try to answer this question. Wireless peripherals are connected to the PC via bluetooth. However, it is first necessary to find out, is there a built-in adapter in your computer.
Preparing your computer for connection
If you have MacOS
Modern Apple PCs are equipped with a wireless adapter, therefore, pairing with uninterrupted peripherals occurs almost without problems. First you need to turn on Bluetooth, to do this, you just need to click on the corresponding icon in the status menu, located in the upper right corner. In the drop-down menu, select "Bluetooth on". Lettering should be darker. A list of devices available for connection will appear in a new window.. If there is no headset in the list of wire-free, make sure, that the device is turned on and at the right distance. After that, you should go to "System Settings" in the "Sound" section and check if the headphones are displayed among the output devices.
If you have Windows
Checking for Bluetooth
Not all desktop computers are equipped with wireless adapter, that is why the connection procedure should begin with checking its availability. To do it, open the Run window (Win key combination + R), enter the command "devmgmt.msc" in the period, it will open device manager. If your computer has a built-in Bluetooth module, it will definitely be reflected in the list of devices.
The presence of a bluetooth module in a laptop will definitely be indicated on a sticker with the main characteristics of the device. If there is none, check the presence of the module in the way described above.
Turn on the transmitter
The procedure for enabling the wireless adapter depends on the version of the installed operating system..
How to connect bluetooth headphones to windows laptop 7 or Vista
In this case, right-click on the Bluetooth line in the control panel and select "Properties", open the driver tab and make sure, that he's all right. In case an update is needed, click on the appropriate button. In the "Control Panel" open the "Network and Sharing Center". Here you need to select "Change adapter settings". Right-click on "Bluetooth Network Connections" and select "Enable"
How to connect bluetooth headphones to a windows computer 10
В Windows 10 developers have simplified the procedure for turning on the transmitter. In the "Start" menu, select "Settings", then go to the "Devices" section. Here we select the item "Bluetooth" and turn it on.
Connecting headphones through an external bluetooth adapter.
If there is no bluetooth receiver, can be purchased separately adapter. It is a compact device, connected to a computer via USB port. After connecting the receiver, The OS will automatically pick up the driver and install it. After that, the wireless transmitter will appear in the list of "Device Manager".
Quality bluetooth adapter version 5.0 can buy:
on Aliexpress by price – [ali470240] rub.
Headphone connection via built-in bluetooth
The procedure for connecting wire-free headphones to a PC via the built-in adapter includes 3 step:
- Checking bluetooth operation and turning it on
- Connection setup.
- Checking work.
How to turn on the adapter and check its operation, written just above. Consider setting up a connection. To set up a connection in the tray (located in the lower right corner of the screen) right click on the bluetooth sign, In the drop-down menu, select "Add Devices". At the same time, do not forget to turn on the headphones and turn on the transmitter on them. The method depends on the specific device model., you must follow the operating instructions. This is usually done by long pressing the power button or a separate key is provided.. After the wireless headphones have entered pairing mode, a window should appear on the screen, where to enter the password. Usually it's four zeros, but it should still be clarified in the instructions. After entering the password, the computer will automatically complete the connection of the wire-free headphones. If everything went well, the name of the headphones will appear in the "Manage Bluetooth Devices" window, below it should say "Paired".
Try to turn on any music, it should be audible through headphones. However, there may be minor problems with pairing.. Connecting two devices is not a guarantee of audio playback. If the headphones are quiet, you need to adjust the sound. This is done as follows:
- From the Start menu, select "Control Panel";
- Next, open the sound settings, tab name depends on OS version. Look for the speaker icon;
- In the menu that opens, select the "Playback" tab, double click on the headphone icon.
- There should be a note about turning on the device. If there is none, activate the headphones. Don't forget to click the "Apply" button at the end..
- After that, restart your computer. Check that Bluetooth is enabled and audio is playing through the headphones. Try to listen to them, sound should appear.
Headphone connection via external bluetooth module
Some models of wireless headphones come with a separate module, which is useful for connecting to a PC without a wireless adapter. To connect these headphones, you need:
- Insert module into USB port;
- In the "Control Panel" select "View Devices and Printers";
- Right-click on an empty space in the window that opens and select "Add devices" from the menu that appears..
- A new device should appear in the list - headphones. Right-click on them and select "Bluetooth Operations" from the menu that appears.. The computer will automatically select the necessary services, at the end, click on the "Play music" button.
- If there is no sound in the headphones, update the driver, you can do this by downloading them from the official website of the equipment manufacturer or via a disk, which can be bundled with similar devices.
Solution of problems
No bluetooth in task manager
Most often, the problem is, that the drivers for the adapter are already installed on your PC. Open the Other Devices tab in Device Manager. Perhaps the Bluetooth adapter is just the new "Unknown Device". Double-click on it and in the drivers section, press the "Update" button. If the adapter drivers are not updated, try updating them for the motherboard. Perhaps the problem is with them..
Laptop does not recognize bluetooth
If you are sure, that the wireless adapter is, but the PC does not see it. Maybe, adapter disabled in bios. To enter the BIOS during the restart of the PC, press one of the F2 keys, F3 or Del. Go to device tab, find the Bluetooth string. If it's off, turn on. If bluetooth is not even in the bios, you have to buy a special adapter.
If the headphones do not connect
The problem may be in the PC, as well as wireless headphones. One of the following solutions may work:
- Restart headphones;
- Restart your computer;
- Try connecting the headset to any other device to, to check if the bluetooth module is working.
- Update driver for bluetooth module and motherboard.
Reconnect on failure
When a computer malfunction occurs. Reload it, check the operation of the wireless module and the connection of headphones. Possible driver failure. If necessary, they need to be reinstalled or updated..
If there is no sound
If the headphones are successfully paired with the PC, but still no sound. Try checking the volume level on the headphones themselves (if it is regulated) and on the PC. To check the volume on the computer, right-click on the speaker icon in the tray, open volume mixer. Pay attention to the volume for headphones. If it didn't help, then the problem is again most likely related to the drivers and they need to be updated.
Connecting a wire free headset in skype
If the headphones are equipped with a microphone, they can be used to communicate in Skype. For this you need to do the following:
- Run the program;
- Open the "Sound and Video" tab in the settings;
- The line "Microphone" should indicate your wireless headset. If the default device is selected, click on the caption and choose what you want, i.e. your headset.